Cost effective solution for larger diameter pipes ranging from 419mm to 980mm
The BM 500 is the right choice if you need a powerful solution for accurate installation of 419mm OD to 980mm OD product pipes.
Large diameter pipe jacking with respect to the forces involved requires an adequate guidance system. The BM 500 solution is an auger/steel casing combination with a patented pilot-auger. While conventional pilot pipes require displaceable soil, the BM 500 excavates material by means of an auger during the pilot-bore. The advantages are that the same set of augers and steel casings can be used for the complete diameter range. Changing the diameter of the product pipes requires only the replacement of the extension kit.
Method Of Operation
- The machine is set up to the correct direction and gradient of the drive. A separate sub-frame simplifies this step: The sub-frame is adjusted and secured in place and then the BM500 is simply lowered onto the locating points on the sub-frame.
- The theodolite with the special CCD-camera must be precisely adjusted to the pre-set boring axis.
- Controlled auger drilling is carried out using steel casings, augers with optical path and a patented pilot auger head. The hollow augers allow a continuous observation of the target installed in the auger boring head.
- When the guided auger bore is completed, an extension kit with a direct drive engine is coupled to the steel casings. This engine reverses the rotation of the augers allowing the excavated material to travel to the reception shaft whilst the product pipes are jacked in from the launch shaft.
- Accurate drives up to 80m.
- One set of equipment (steel casings and augers) can accommodate a full range of pipe sizes from Ø 419 mm OD to Ø 980 mm OD.
- The installation process is effective -it requires only two steps!
- Recovery of all equipment - nothing left in the ground except the product pipes.
- Short set-up time, no disruption of major highways or footpaths.
- Using steel casings with control auger instead of conventional pilot rods allows accurate drives for bigger pipe diameters.
|BM 500||TECHNICAL DATA|
|Jacking force||1600 kN|
|Force on retract||800 kN|
|Speed||up to 60 rpm|
|Hydraulic pressure||up to 300 bar|
|Stroke||750 mm each|
|Launch shaft :
<Ø 3.20 m
3.2m x 2.0 m
|Drive length||up to 60 m|
|Max. pipe Ø (OD)||980 mm|
|Pipe Ø (OD)||419 mm
|Steel leg||2.0 m|
AMS No-Dig Ltd is registered in England. Registered Number: 2703484
Registered Office: AMS No-Dig Ltd, Brigg Road, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN16 1AP
Web-site managed by AMS IT Systems. © 2001 — 2013 AMS No-Dig Ltd